E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-10-22

Just SOME Thoughts

Okay so, last night I was doing some research for a poem. I needed to look up the passage in Revelations regarding Jesus's re-appearance. For those unfamiliar with the Bible, remember the motion picture Malcolm X? If you do, think of the scene while in he was in prison and was referred to as Satan.

Any who... I won't go into the discussion regarding his color, however, if we were to consider his birth land. And we know Africa is the birth of all civilization? So... if nothing else, we know he's not AMERICAN.

Most argue that the text used to justify that he is in fact black fails to consider that after woolly there is a reference to his hair being as white as snow. And when discussing his feet as bronze, most fail to include that there is a reference to "burning" which some argue that they could have been burned "white" as in most metals and coal tend to do. So my question is why couldn't he had been an brother who's hair turned gray? And maybe he was a little ashy? Okay the ashy part may or may not be funny depending on how you live your life.

I mean think about what your mom or grandmother would tell you about her gray hair? That it either came from you or wisdom. And if Jesus lived and died for all of our sins, well.... wouldn't his hair be a little gray? I mean, if I think about the worry that I possibly cause him. What would the weight of the world do?

I'm just saying. Now mind you this is not anything to say Jesus is black, white, green, or blue. I mean, believe in what you believe in as long as it gives you: peace, hope, and a reason to live accordingly. You know?

But I thought it was worth a chuckle.

Additionally I began to think about why people turn to G.O.D. when they become older, and it has nothing to do with preparing to die or trying to make peace with G.O.D. I think it's just we get tired of listening to and following our own or others bad advice, and we simply look for answers outside ourselves. That quest becomes spiritual, and in some people it leads them back or to Church. I was reared in the Church. Matter of fact, we were in Church so much we PLAYED CHURCH. How do you play church? You mimic church members, the choir and the Pastor. You already know who I was, 'cuz I am who I am.. either the Pastor or the woman who got happy. HAHAHAHAHA...

Yea okay. Too much information....

salama....

4 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

i grew up in the Church as well. was baptised catholic and attend the baptist church with my Granny. in each place of worship, the Jesus
was always a white guy with blonde haired...ok, thats what we taught. After hearing the passage you mentioned, i started looking at things a lot differently but this is NOT the time NOR place for that discussion...lol.

most people after doing a world tour of sin are mentally and physically tired. the church, mosque, temple or chants...allows them to find inner peace and love.

Angel said...

"...I began to think about why people turn to G.O.D. when they become older, and it has nothing to do with preparing to die or trying to make peace with G.O.D. I think it's just we get tired of listening to and following our own or others bad advice, and we simply look for answers outside ourselves."

you know something, my daddy has said the same thing to me...

bRandy said...

lol...i think i like thinking of Jesus as black, grey-haired, and ashy...makes me feel like i can relate a little more...lol thanks for the perspective--and the chuckle.
bRandy

Shelle said...

why am i cracking up at the grey hair and ashy feet line..but you got a point there.
can't wait to hear the piece.