E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-09-26

last gratitude of September 2007

When you can't find your own, you use someone else's. Gratitude from the good book and others....

I fell once, will do so again, thanks for the strength and fortitude to get the F' up!

01) If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. Mathew 10:13. Thanks, for allowing the peace to return.

02) Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion. Isaiah 52:2. Thanks for the cleansing. I feel lighter.

03) I thought to myself, "Look, I have grown and increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge." Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind. Ecclesiastes 1:16-17. I will never understand everything in it's entirety, and trying to do so will drive me insane. It simply cannot be done. And that's perfectly okay.

04) Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work Ecclesiastes 4:9. Love ya much.

05) If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up. Ecclesiastes 4:10 Thanks for calling me friend. Thanks for letting me know I am never alone.

06) Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Psalms 34:13. What a good time I'm having staying in my own lane.

07) I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. Psalms 3:5. Thanks for every breath, every step.

08) Listen, O heavens, and I will speak; hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. Deuteronomy 32:1. Thank G.O.D. for Thursdays and Poetry.

09) Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past.... Deuteronomy 32:7. My Village and those we've lost this September.

10) Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. Dalai Lama taking control of my life this month has never been so rewarding.

11) "You can't think how I depend on you, and when you're not there the color goes out of my life." Victoria Woolf My sister and I turning another corner, strengthening our bond. As great Grand always said, "in the end, you're all I have." It doesn't hurt that I have the best niece and nephew in the whole world!

12) "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley thank u crown royal on ice for the sneak peak! thank you for the cd surprise! my little green monster.... yes angel, how the hell did I go witout one for soooooo lonnnnggggg.

13) There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein G.O.D. family and friends, thanks for being patient and kind as I continue to move toward clarity.

6 comments:

Shelle said...

proud of you...nuff said

nikki said...

i'm sooooo glad i finally fouuuund u agaaaaaaiin. now if that ain't a blessing, i don't know what is. thank YOU for allowing me to run my fingers through your mind.

Copasetic Soul said...

wow, i can almost feel you beaming through not just THIS entry but all
the previous ones as well....

thats a lovely thing!

bRandy said...

love this...writing a few down...hope you don't mind. love you--so glad to have you.
bRandy

Raging Bull said...

I am glad to be able to witness your growth. You are such an inspiration to others including me. I truly cherish you as a friend.

Angel said...

this was truly an ingenious idea from a very poignant perspective...