E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-05-04

bitter..... a fool of me...

i remember
when you filled my heart
with joy
was i blind to the truth?
just there to fill a space
'cause now
you have no interest in
anything i have to say
and i have allowed you to make me feel
i feel so dumb
what kind of fool am i?
you so easily set me aside

you
made
a fool of me
tell me why

you
say
that you don't care
but we made Love
tell me why

you
made
a fool of me

you made a fool of me

i want to Kiss you
does she want you with the pain that
i do
smell you in my dreams
but now
when we're face to face
you won't look me in the eyes
no time
no friendship
no Love

you say don't touch you
i can't touch you no more
can't touch you
anymore
anymore

you
made
a fool of me
tell me why
you
say
you just don't care
we made Love
tell me why
you
made
made a fool of me
you tell me
tell me why
i fell like such a fool
you
made
a fool of me

tell me why.

(meshell ndegeocello/federico gonzalez pena)
(c) 1999 revolutionay jazz giant

2 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

damn sis, that is my MUTHER-FLIPPIN song!! Meshell is so gifted
with words.

and i so understand the words..and why.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

this was my JOINT!!!!!!!!!!! and bythewood played it so eloquently in that scene of Love & Basketball! ugh -- im starting to cry now. i'm a sucka for ndegecello...