E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-01-24

thanks.... for the people who

This is totally different for me, but I am moving in a totally different direction so.. a grateful list of a different kind

ELM and CT - all I can say is wow and thanks.. anything else will embarrass you. it's been a wonderful journey thus far. two plus years later, i still wake up wanting to be the person God and you believe me to be.

B-Fran - brother from another mother, wife in another life. brown sugaring it until the day we die!

KA - my wonder twin. i miss your quirks, and the way we quirked together. move back soon.

Lovie and the lovettes- negras... yea!

June/Hustle - words can never express how truly grateful I am for you and the way you've extended your hearts and family to me.

Angel - DAMN... being raised by old people. your wisdom. your knowledge. your willingness to be honest with me in every aspect at every turn is priceless. shrinking violet. hey...

Eb n Snuff- thanks for allowing me to witness young love between two very talented and capable young adults. i look at you and know the future is a okay...

Poet in Law and the fam. - no, never that mad again.. promise. we have two men in common that we love very much. how cool is that? to have our own bond, but two share people who are so very special to both of us. what's your word? "dang"

Tee Tee - funny, passerbyers, if there's such a word, in the gym, on to a devotion of words, to common ground with mothers and aunts, (we both have favorite Aunt Suzy's!) then of course Brooklyn. zen, photography and poetry...

Joe Bizzle and Trey Shizzle - my baby b-frans... i thank you guys for so much. REALLY. i don't think either of you realize the impact you've had upon me this summer. i only hopes it shows in my actions.

funky mike whalen - gives good hugs.

bRandy - i miss you and hope that you are happy. it's nothing like having some one whom you share tomboyish charm, confidence, humor and wit. despite the lack of communication, i pray that you know i can't pass a hot ass pair of chucks without thinking of you and wanting to call ya. i once called you friend, and meant every word. good, bad or indifferent, i will always be here for you.. even in distance.

sarah - i pray that you find your way. wherever and whatever it takes.

ms. jackson - your humour and wit are often what i look forward to.. you make me laugh even when i don't want to.

brooklyn. YOU ALREADY KNOW!

copa.. i didn't forget about you. you better get back here soon. angel and i were talking about coming to missouri.

shameless and dave... looking forward to creating lasting bonds.

you guys are my family of friends, and i am truly grateful for you... really i am... as i enter another birth year, i pray that we are, well, that everyone is safe, and has found their path.

always
k i am
keeping it appropriately moving

9 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Thank you for the prayers...

Ebony Stewart said...

You know what...I look at you and know the world of poetry is okay.
My Auntie, I've grown closer to you and made you just more than a friend.
I am blessed to have you as mine.

Angel said...

i am humbled by your friendship. i cannot believe that we are here. i wouldnt trade or change anything about the experience either. "i do for you, what you do for me." :-)

by the way, my post today is dedicated to you...

Mahogany L. Browne said...

i take it last nite was dope? sorry i missed it in body - i was definitely there in spirit :)

be well!

m

Copasetic Soul said...

im working on getting there sis, im
really working it.

Nikki Smith said...

happy early or belated birthday(i don't know the date but i know ur a capricorn and i am too), i'm still writing and goin to school and it is my hope that i can come see ya and everyone else during spring break. love ya

joey said...

there can be only one....
no ma, never.

love you too much,
kotalian

Unknown said...

i love to see you smile... so contagiously. you did lot's of it on wednesday too so my day was made! i wish brooklyn could have been there to see it. i know she would have been proud of you.

bRandy said...

i miss you too kim...very much. and i feel ya, nice chucks don't come my way without an accompanying thought of you. i know you were the "big sis", and i the youngster "little sis", but i pray you know that i'm always here for you too...and i know that despite the lack of communication, you and i still know each other well enough to know what that means...that it's no cliche' saying, but straight from the heart and as real as they come.
love you.
-B