E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-01-31

i'm thankful again

01) for one of the hottest WEDNESDAYS and weekends of poetry...... loved it..
02) for a totally awesome birthday celebration "...... and right now i can't deny the fact, that you like me! you really like me!" (sally field's oscar acceptance speech 1985)
03) for the love of my friends and family
04) for having the strength and resolve to stay my course no matter the consequential reward.
05) for having a job to come to (on days like this i have to remember the good in it all!)
06) for the phone call asking me to hang up so you can leave me a kelly love jones serenade. how cool is that...
07) and for coming home to you tonight...
08) for russell stover's outlet....
09) for breaking my crunches resolution.... but getting right back on track
10) for skinny friends in cute t-shirts and hats, blue jean skirts and poems that absolutely rock...
11) for my shrinking violet friend, and the eskimo who always covers her mouth and says dang when she laughs...
12) for my baby b-frans and b-fran....
13) for the creator.... for simply allowing me to see a wonderful begging to a new year, with re-newed strength and tested resolve.....
the view is so much better from here.....

pps... for seeing some old familiar faces, remembering the beauty in the voices and talent... it was a remarkable show, and while a few of you may never read this post... i'm putting it in the universe that there be many more for me to witness... it was truly amazing work...

HOLLA...

3 comments:

Angel said...

YOU.

CANNOT.

BE.

SERIOUS!!!!!

you went to the russell stover's outlet WITHOUT ME?????? oh, HELL NAW!!!!!

Unknown said...

06) for the phone call asking me to hang up so you can leave me a kelly love jones serenade. how cool is that...
07) and for coming home to you tonight...

awwwww.. that's sweet. you two make me smile widely... love the list lady!

Ebony Stewart said...

I'm with Angel! Cause I've never even been!
And I'm glad you got back on the crunches, stay faithful to it.
Still hate that I missed the awesome show that night!
For love, family and friends-that's what's up!