E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-12-30

2006 Fav!!!! 02/08/06 Originally Posted.

I remember when you believed in me for no other reason, other than the possibilities of us and our love. Feeling that you deserved more than your past indicated or dictated. More than that which could be seen or imagined. Breathing. Falling. Your wish was to simply connect with another on a deeper level, where often verbal communication was was no longer a factor or needed. That you, and your lover had taken the time to know the intimate details of each other's desires, and that your mind, well your minds, were mere blueprints to the other's soul. See, neither of us were willing to settle, and were no longer fans of beautiful relationships. Breathing. Falling. We believed, imagined and lived as if there was so much more for us. And we were willing to explore each and every possibility fearlessly. To leave no stone unturned, and to never allow pride or our tongues to destroy a single moment. Moments we would build upon, moments which would eventually become our life, and in our twilights, we would reflect and laugh, dying without resentment or regret. Don't you remember?I remember the first time I recognized the brown in your eyes held my reflection. I remember when goodbyes were opportunities to say hello. No door was closed or back turned without a kiss. Breathing. Falling. I remember falling asleep not quite knowing where you began and I end. That my dreams held your scent and touch, even on those nights when we were apart. Without you, I did not feel lonely, there was always a sense of comfort as your essence remained and lingered. I recall holding your silhouette whispering I love you thru cellular towers, hoping that you could taste my sentiments in the breeze. And the only tears shed were those masked as perspiration upon our bodies during the course of our love making. We never cried. Don't you remember?I remember calling you for no other reason other than to hear your voice. That every story you told was brand new, a chance for me to get to know you better. I remember wanting to know you so well that we finished each other's sentences and began each other's thoughts. That ecstacy exisited just past your lips and fingertips. I remember wishing I knew you as a child, to share your triumphs and learn from your defeats. I remember all dusks and dawns were welcomed with your voice, your touch, or your kiss. And that you were never more than a thought away. I remember peonies, freeshia, and sunsets. Rose petals floating a top milky bubble baths. When infactuation was mistaken for adoration, adoration for infactuation, but we both knew the love would last forever. When my spirit mirrored your image, your image seemingly the purpose of my exsistence, for you were heaven sent. And you were birthed and lived just outside God's blue hues. Breathing. Falling. Breathing. Inhaling your spirit, exhaling our lives. Breathing. Falling. Breathing. I remember colors.... I remember breathing. I remember falling...I remember falling in love with shades of blue skies that represent you. I remember rainy days give way to blue skies because of you. I remember that I can soar among blue skies and clouds with you. I remember when shades of blue outlined my path to your soul. I remember blue lights luminating from your smile. I remember your hues of blue chased away my shades of blue. I remember ocean's blues could never be compared to the depth of your blue. I remember breathing your blue. I remember feeling your blue. I remember singing your blue. I remember falling for your blue. I remember colors. I remember shades of blue will always represent you..... Don't you remember?

No comments: