E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-09-25

Weekend Lessons....


I'm learning some things slowly and surely. And while I say I am NOT someone who would live a life tainted with regret; sadly, I believe I have hinted in the direction occassionally. Unless of course, I am able to work through some of the feelings. Quickly. . And I did.. So I'm still on the path of No Regret.. This year I've learned that there were people who were in my life that prolly should have never been there, and vice versa. I mean there's no one I, contrary to popular belief, hate. I just would have rather "never known them" despite the lessons I've learned from their aquaintance. Matter of fact, some lessons revisited.. and thank God I've learned them this go round... However, there is one person, whom I missed dearly. She helped me through so much. Well we helped each other. Gave each other what we needed when we needed it. Was there when we mutually really needed someone to listen and loan a shoulder.... Life gets in the way. So do the decisions we make. Fortunately for us, it wasn't a big blow up, and nothing got in the way. Except our stubborness.. We lost touch through mutual disappointment in our life choices and paths at the time... So I gave in. Pride is a poison I never want to die from! It's a lonely death. I'm watching someone I love dearly slowly kill herself so I pray for a different path and weekly try to do something different. So this weekend, I looked for my dear friend and found her. It was WONDERFUL... We picked up as if we'd never left off. It was cool. I mean we never missed a beat or the time. Thanks.. To a very special winged wonder who gave me the strength to move forward... I owe you.

Second.. I love frigging CONTACT SPORTS. Thanks to my main man, B-Fran. I have been able to watch some of the best sporting events of the year... I even had a chance to get sweat on me after one of the fighters was kicked out of the ring.. Well, no not sweat, but I was that close.. HA! Friday night after we went to see jet Li in fearless, I got to sit in front of Chuck Norris' , who by the way is very little... at The World Combat League Western Finals.. I cannot describe it, other than to say I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN!!!! It was fanfriggin'tastic So again.. Thanks B-Fran...

On other notes. The remainder of the weekend was like a Charlie Brown Halloween, "all I got was rocks!" and to add my own twist.. "and they suck hard..."

5 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Ma, I have seen so much growth from you in the last few months. I want you to know I see it and I am very very proud of you. And I am glad you and your friend were able to start back up. That just reminds you that the friendship was real in the first place.

Thanks for calling Friday. I STILL WANNA GIRLS MIGHT IN!!!!!!!!! lol

Angel said...

i can't believe you put that picture of that dude up there!!!! the cocky dude! the cocky dude! he was great! i have NEVER liked contact sports and i had a HELLUVA time at the world combat league competition. would i do it again? "hell to da yeah!" LMAO!

Shelle said...

i'm always watching boxing, so brutal, but just can't take my eyes off ya know...
and such a good thing with the reconnection.

Ebony Stewart said...

Boxing is def what's up! I can't believe you got to see Chuck Norris up close (small man?-lol) Anywho, wish I could've been there.
Contact Sports...hell to tha yea!

Copasetic Soul said...

damn, I miss you big sis. full contact fighting.....sweet! I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck Norris. the Jet Li movie seems like its hot!