E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-08-22

SO FRESH.. SO CLEAN

Starting over - made some changes. noticed? yea, my self-esteem is not that low.

The lioness does not turn around when a small dog barks. - african proverb

the line is so enticing, i want to change it... hahahaha. sometimes you have to laugh.

last night i began my routine. it felt really good. i'm sure i will pay for it sometime during the week. i will work out the kinks and pain as i go. 2.5 miles in under an hour. now, i tried to run some of the way. but, the mind can f with you in many ways.. no joke. instantly my knees began to ache. i was thirsty. i had no water... and it was OVER 100 degrees. i began to see spots. at one point, don't laugh, i swore my heart was skipping beats. . one thing did occur. my asthma flared. (I DIDN'T HAVE MY PUMP!) nothing like your lungs tightening up on you in the blistering heat on the stretched curve of a man made lake, your cell phone is down to two bars, you're in the middle of nowhere... and if someone were to attack you, your phone could be thrown into the lake and no one could find you. no, on the cool, it was a bit scary, despite that it was day light. i mean some areas are really desolate leaving you quite alone. it was some made for tv movie, where the jogger just disappears... so i talked to my sister on the phone as i walked the first mile or so. after i began to feel a bit more comfortable... i got off the phone and...

i walked and cleared my head. reviewed my day which all in all was good. though i went into my head for a minute behind some.. well again: the lioness does not turn her head when a little bit, i mean, a little dog is barking. i had an opportunity to catch up with an old aquaintance i hope to re-befriend. if that's such a word. i had spoken to mo earlier during the day. i spoke to my sister who always bring my spirits up. got a movie pass during my lunch break. i am working on two new pieces. and was going home to watch the spike lee documentary. (which by the way is truly touching....)

i have been renamed. so, thir13teen, as much as i liked her at times, is gone... she was once needed, but as i continue to clear my space and create a true inner circle. i can feel myself becoming stronger. getting better. centered. eliminating some of that ACOA loyalty.. and learning to be loyal to me. yup...... i am renewed. and have been renamed. yes, angel, i love it....
k.i.m. (keep it moving... baby... keep it moving.) but mo... you can still call me live miK... cuz, while i'm a little closer, i 'm still not in town.....

4 comments:

my coffee is always said...

thanks Koffee. I had truly begun in January, after I made a commit to myself. Got side tracked as I begun to focus on the slam team and upcoming nationals. I did make significant changes though. Learned a lot from the team. ANd, no, Martin joking... hahahaha.. good luck. and keep me posted.

Shelle said...

new beginnings are always good...whatever that means FOR YOU, many blessings will come.
uh but next time please take the water bottle and wait til it cools down a bit.

Unknown said...

YeaaaaaaaaH!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you lady. It's nice to feel this energy in your writing. It feels like the beginning of a growth spurt. I love it!!! : )

Angel said...

always happy to do for you what you do for me boo... :-)