E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-30

i don't normally do this.. but.

my favorite Austin poet (CHRISTOPHER LEE) did not make the Team. It was heartbreaking.... the woman who is fast becoming my gurl from another world did... And I abandoned my t-shirt and wore a little see thru shirt with form fitting jeans, on Saturday to show her quiet support, I showed "a little cleavage" for VAN CLEAVE... way2go X-men and Christopher Michael (REPEAT). Best part of the night... watching Cousin, jaws dropped, clinging to every word. She doesn't know she is just as good, if not better than some of the writing that hit the stage. I say this not because she calls me her mentor or because she is one of my favorite writers as well... I say this because, I want her, like I want anyone else with dedicated potential to make a true effort to be a part of who and what we are about to become. I say this because she reminds me of a time when me, Brian, KA, Love and Ron would get together and write..... Writing not for anything other than to write (there was no liquor-no smoke-no hanging - just writing!), because if we didn't write and share our idealistic passion and prose we would truly die. Writing not because of inspiration by another writer's style, prose, verse, style or words, writing because.. hell, if we didn't it didn't feel like breathing... I write this because I want her to know that I have all the confidence in the world in her and her abilities... I write this to right the wrong in her which does not allow her to fully grasp who she is with a pen... to remind her that it is and will always be, the passion behind the words that must be conveyed. and while I am not your butterfly, I know that I have a special place in your world. and on this day, I do for you what Mo does for me.... PUSH YOU...... I hope this puts you on blast and pushes you beyond your mental limitations.... And have what I will always have for you, even when you're exhausted and feel you can't write another word, spit another piece, memorize another poem... tell you that you can and you will.... Cousin, pop your collar, it's time to shine... you can and you will.....

No comments: