E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-03-26

Tagged 10 in an (old) Poem

Harlem Brown's Lifetime (I still wait for you)

you held in hand fruit of life. I void of voice, could only watch, wonder, in love stricken awe. as the fullness of
your curious lips parted to savor the flavor of life's passion. the brown in your eyes, now wide, swelled with tears. you discover the pain of knowledge. a western storm brews casting you from east of Eden
ending my dreams and fantasies. I watch the curves of your silhouette adorned in fig leaf flee in the darkness of our future. I, locked behind garden's gate, no longer a paradise, close my eyes, inhale your vision in my very last breath, exhale this lifetime westward, and forge my only memory of you upon my broken soul. sunrise, sunset, moonlight, metamorphosis. shadowed. hidden in thickets along the beach of the Ivory Coast I catch a glimpse of you. the deep brown of your eyes can not be ignored, conjuring hidden passions and forgotten lust within the depth of my bosom. the scorch of sun tattooed homage to mother earth upon your back, as chains and shackles strip and snatch you from my heart's grasp. silence suffocates my screams, my arms reach painfully toward the fleeting shadow of love. I tearfully, pray that we meet again. sunrise, sunset, moonlight,
metamorphosis. months from dust, in the fall of my life, I feel your waning spirit slip thru fingertips. you, a blueprint upon the essence of my core. as we pass, you smile. I taste the nectar of our past lives thru a glimpse in the rise in your cheek. I catch recognition in your eye. you remember that in third life we held forever within the clutch of our fold that our heartbeats beat simultaneous synchronizing to harmonious spirits, our cycle transforms, permeates this lifetime. I close my eyes, sit in silence and become lost in the memory of the brown of yours. I find solace.. stilled, I feel the ground move under my feet. I weep as I hear the first heartbeat of the newborn I am about to become. I will search for you in dreams of our next life together. sunrise, sunset, moonlight, metamorphosis... i shall continue to search for you.....

1. love 2. brown eyes 3. knowledgable 4. dream fantacize (imaginative and creative) 5. soulful (encompasses honesty trustworthiness, etc.) 6. metamorphosis (everchanging and growing) 7. passionate (self explanatory, huh?) 8. praying (shared sense of spirituality) 9. rise in cheek (gotta smile and laugh a lot.) 10. harmonious spirits (we two are one)..... an added bonus solace/stilled (able to be my calm, safe place)

3 comments:

Shelle said...

bowing before your throne, arms extended, chanting "I am not worthy, i am not worthy"

imagery is so beautiful

can i have your autograph Ms. Thirteen?

Angel said...

"I weep as I hear the first heartbeat of the newborn I am about to become. I will search for you in dreams of our next life together. sunrise, sunset, moonlight, metamorphosis... i shall continue to search for you....."

You consistently, effortlessly, and beautifully embody ALL that a poet is and wants to be!!! I love and hate that about you! Please stop destroying us mere mortals! :)

bRandy said...

wonders never cease...and you, my friend, are a true wonder.