E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-02-07

NEW LOOK....

Big ups to Jo V. aka Poet in Law for the Blog Banner/Skin thing... Love it.
Check out the weekend blog (Sunday) I just posted it. I finally finished it.
Onto the Banner and it's Significance.....
1. See the cockroach in the cup.... Wouldn't be section 8 without the official ghetto pet.....
2. For those of you concerned... the lady in the section 8 logo has locks and is wearing glasses... so we can't get sued.. i don't think..
3. Love a pretty smile, and the lady has pretty teeth, pretty smile and pretty lips...
4. Love me some Starbuck's... thus the borrowed logo shell.
5. The lip prints on the cup are just off the chain. I'm expressive so i am digging the face it's making.. I wear my emotions on my face and in my posture.
6. The Picture.. My first print ad for a feature in Houston at Eb5.....
7. The window pane... I'm a public figure (hosting, I hang out with popular people, I wouldn't say I was popular), you see me often, but I'm very very guarded.. A participant observer for the most part.. . Also.... I pray that I make my village proud... First Pane - Mary Elizabeth (my mom) Second Pane - Margaret B. (my grand) Third Pane - Mary Lou (Great-Grand) Fourth Suzy and Clara (My Aunts - they split their time in my life, never had them at the same time.)
8. The beans... again coffee lover, but also strength.. richness... possibilities.. like seeds
9. Earth tones.... cuz, ya know... They're low key.... but hold their own...
holla.....

3 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

yo, that banner is hot! thats good work.

joey said...

i looooove this 13...thanks for the honor

Shelle said...

dannnnnnng, this is hot...love the banner...uh can a sistah get a hookup ova here?
bout died when i saw the roach in the cup, but understood lol
one of the best i've seen..not the roach, your blog skin.