E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-12-09

THREE DAYS SINCE I LAST BLOGGED...

Really don't care for trying to make up the last few days. That sucks but I am lazy......
Had a snow day yesterday. Not like it really snows, but the ice can shut us down, and did it. So I slept most of the day, worked on a new piece, slept, read over a few pieces for Cousin (they are hot!)slept, watched COLD CASE FILES marathon on A and E, slept.... you get the picture.
I have nothing monumental to report. No work/pieces I am willing to place on display. No real issues I am struggling with. Everything in my world is coolly magnificent, and hella good. Looking forward to the new year. Has so many possibilities....
ONE) A sista is in Love.. Deeply. In love with self, life, and someone whom I have searched my life and scoured this world for. Yes, I complain, because it is in my nature. And also, my pride would never allow me to admit it to another human being... So, I'll write it in this BLOG for the world to see.
TWO) I am going to host next year. And am I excited?...... Hell to the Yea.... That's all I can say. I am ohh so looking forward to it. Lots of BIG THINGS and I hope I can help my man Hustle pull it off. Actually, I am going to break a leg to pull it off if I have to....
THREE) I am a part of a hella good group of writers and poets.. and as a collective, we can protect the house during NATS. I am ecstatic about the possibilities. I have Cousin looking over my stuff and I'm looking over her's. Starting to look at improving performance, spoke with another poet near the city to help me with that. Still not trying to be that Poet, just that HOST... but I don't want hosting to negatively impact my ability to perform or produce new pieces. I often hear people say that hosting impacts their performance or that they can't write, hate to say I believe it to be a cop out.... Especially when they perform weekly at the spot they host. I don't want to be that host that performs every week during the show... Nor do i want to talk alot. I just want to be able to manipulate the list, and when needed, perform to get the show going.. if nothing else I could write little short "popcorn" pieces for sheer entertainment to keep things moving without bringing up a poet who may not want to go early in the show, keep the crowd moving... I don't know, hit me with suggestions. (What ya think Mo?) I want to be the one that brought the show, not made the show.... if you read my blog on the regular and want to feature in Texas, hit me up and I'll get you to my man Herm....
FOUR) Got a feature (another paying gig) to start off the new year. (MO, getting a little dirt under my feet. I'm still trying to be a pebble to your ROCK.)
just thoughts nothing significant.....

1 comment:

Mahogany L. Browne said...

look at you big balla!

i think the setup for your hosting is great. don't know if you will want to rock every show - but take advantage, i say. never forget - it's not about you but the poets. your job is to make people amped for them!

congrats on the paid GIG. tell me how dat money feel in ya hand. im sure it'll feel beautiful. the first times are incredible. it's never the same after that. unless you get paid 1500 for a 15minute set -- then that's a whole 'nother orgasmic feeling of its own! :)